If you're preparing your home for a bathroom renovation, you have to think about what type of tile you're going to use. Here at Modern Trend Tiling, we want to help you understand the importance of choosing the right tiles for your home or business. Read on and let us know if you need help on your wall and floor tiling project in Perth, WA.
Tile styles define your bathroom and are often the first thing people notice when they enter your bathroom since they're on the walls as well as the floor.
To get the right look for your bathroom, we gathered this list of current tile trends. These will help you find a style that matches your bathroom and personal preferences.
Keep reading to find out more about some of the most popular bathroom tile trends.
1. Natural Patterns
- Today, more people in Perth are looking to get back to nature and one of the ways to do that is through using natural tile patterns throughout their bathrooms.
These come in a wide variety of colors with plenty of shapes to choose from, but one of the most popular is a wave-like pattern that resembles leaves. It's a great way to feel like you're in nature when nature calls.2. Encaustic Tiles
- Encaustic tiles are those that use different colors of clay to create different patterns. They've been around for centuries and have a rich history
. Although they tend to come in and out of style, they have certainly been in recently.
One thing people love about encaustic tiles is that you can have them custom-made to put your personal stamp on your bathroom since they can easily be made in small batches with your color and pattern choices.
3. Marble Tiles
- Most people can't afford actual marble tiles, but that doesn't make the pattern itself any less popular. Having splashes of black and grey on a white tile can make a bathroom feel less cold and can diminish harsh lighting.
For this reason, many people in Perth are getting tiles that look like marble but without the high cost. These have painted patterns and are finished off with a high-gloss glaze to make them shine.
4. Unique Shapes
- To create a truly unique feel in the bathroom, many people are starting to turn to various shapes of tiles rather than using patterned squares. These work particularly well as accent walls.
One of the most popular options is the Moroccan fish tile. Also known as mermaid tiles, wave tiles, scalloped tiles, and fish tiles, these are a fun way to display your personal style in your bathroom.
Another option is hexagon-shaped tiles. These also fit together perfectly to create a beautiful and unique look in any bathroom.
5. Minimalist Tiles - Another tile trend today goes against the bold colors and unique shapes many of the others follow. Instead, it focuses on using neutral colors and minimal patterns to create a simple modern look.
Because of their neutrality, minimalist tile patterns
are great for longevity. These styles rarely go out of style, plus it's easy to decorate if you want to add color or style flairs.Want to See More Tile Trends?
Now you know five of the hottest bathroom tile trends Perth homeowners are enjoying today. As you can see, there's something for everyone and every home.
If you're still looking for a style that's perfect for you, check out our gallery
. It's full of great ideas that can help you find your new bathroom tiles.